Saturday 28 September 2013

Random Recipes 32 - Puddings, Cakes And Baking.

I'm coming in at the end of the month again but I have a good reason this time.  I was invited to a neighbour's MacMillan Coffee Morning today so I left baking this month's entry til now so I could bring some along with me.

I had randomly chosen the bake at the start of the month and it was Lemon Bars from The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook.  They were very quick and easy to make (although need refrigerated overnight so need to make them the day before).



I quite enjoyed them but they weren't just tangy enough for me even though I had put in more zest than the recipe called for.  I think if I make them again I will probably try a lime version.

They are really a shortbread base blind baked in the oven then the topping is put on - eggs, sugar, lemon juice and zest and baked again.  Easy and simple. 



I also made a pumpkin and chocolate loaf - mentioned this here.

My neighbour had done a lovely spread - cupcakes, pancakes, meringues, millionaires shortbread. She had done a raffle and a 'guess the birthday of the teddy' too.  She had made about £300 by the time I left halfway through so she has done amazingly well.

Go to Belleau Kitchen to find out more about Dom's Random Recipes


7 comments: